We are excited to announce the launch of our online store! You can now order contact lenses, dry eye products, and omega 3 vitamins from the comfort and safety of your own home! Click the link below to be directed to the Sightly website or download the ‘Get Sightly’ app from the app store and follow directions below to set up your account. http://revelstokeoptometry.sightlyapps.com
- In the Sightly web store click the menu button, then click ‘log in’, here you can follow the steps to create an account and will be sent a verification code to give you access to the online store.
- Once you have completed the registration process we will receive an alert and within 2 business days we will upload your current brand of contact lenses and prescription to your account. This information will then be saved for future purchases and store in your account.
- Once your contacts have been added under ‘my products’ tab you can add them to your cart and proceed to checkout. You can choose direct shipping or pick up from the office.
If you would like to switch to another brand or type of contact lenses please call or email the office so we can assist you further.
Many eye problems can develop without warning and progress with no symptoms. Early on, you might not even notice any change in your vision. However, diseases such as macular degeneration, glaucoma, retinal tears or detachments, as well as other health problems such as diabetes and high blood pressure can be detected with a thorough exam of the retina. The retina is the part of your eye that catches the image of what you are looking at, similar to the film in a camera.
An Optomap Retinal Exam provides:
- A scan to confirm a healthy eye or to detect the presence of disease
- An overview or map of the retina, giving your doctor a more detailed view than he can achieve by other means
- The opportunity for you to view and discuss the Optomap images of your eye with your doctor at the time of your exam.
- A permanent record for your medical file, enabling your Doctor to make important comparisons if potential problems show themselves at a future examination.
The Optomap Retinal Exam is fast, easy, and comfortable, and allows Dr. Ayles to see over six times as much of your retina than is seen with a conventional exam.
Please note: Provincial Insurance does not cover the Optomap Retinal Exam. This means that you would be responsible for the charges. Dr. Ayles strongly believes the Optomap Retinal Exam is an essential part of your comprehensive eye exam and highly recommends it for all patients once per year. Our fee for the Optomap Retinal Exam is $39.00.